Loundsley Green LEP
Loundsley Green Church
Welcome to the Loundsley Green section of the website, and a warm welcome awaits you at this Local Ecumenical Partnership of Anglican and Methodist traditions.
Foyer and Side Chapel
In the mid-sixties two churches were built across the road from each other and whilst there was occasional united services it was not until January 2005 that a formal Covenant was signed and LEP established. In January 2010 work began to refurbish and re develop the Methodist Building and in May 2010 the congregation moved under one roof to form Loundsley Green Church worshipping together as one congregation and working together within the community. In 2011 a Community Trust were given a 35 year lease from the Diocese of Derby to run the former Anglican (Ascension) building as a community centre. Members of the church support the trust and both work together for the local community
Both Anglican & Methodist clergy have pastoral charge of the church There is a growing worship leaders group which includes Local Preachers and Reader and 3 newly trained worship leaders
Our Mission Statement is:
to be a Living Fellowship in the Holy Spirit and to serve our neighbourhood following Christ’s example.
We will do this through:
- Engaging in meaningful and flexible worship, celebrating the traditions of both congregations and exploring different styles of worship.
- working with others to meet the needs of the community, looking for opportunities based on the demographics of the area and the resources we can find
- building on the regular contact we have with young families, uniformed organisations and older members of the community
- working with, supporting and encouraging the new Community Trust, using the former Ascension church building
- The provision of a cost effective and safe space for the community to hire the Church building for activities following the Methodist/Anglican Safeguarding procedures for children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Join with others in the struggle for justice
- Supporting and standing alongside those in trouble or need.
This website and contents are copyright to Chesterfield Methodist Circuit and Gareth Neale